2015-4-25: SPRA and YB Teresa Kok in a press conference cum protest against proposed mixed development projects which consist of high density condominiums on the commercial center.
Landed Property: 6,000
High rise condo: 4,000
Here is a timeline of the issue
1975 Seri Petaling development order approved.
1979 Lease hold 99 years started
1998 Land title issued under ownership Datuk Bandar original plan: Lot 37890 PN 30956 Jalan Radin Anum 1, Perhentian Bas, Pasar and Penjaja
2007 Bazaar Ria started (half of the land occupied)
2012 Glass City started (fully occupied)
2015 After 3 years lease from DBKL Jabatan Penilaian's rental agreement has expired
2015-4-7 1st letter from DBKL: Notis Mengosongkan Tapak Pasar
2015-4-14 2nd letter from DBKL: Kerja-kerja Pembangunan akan dijalankan diatas Lot 37890
2015-4-14 3rd letter from DBKL: Kerja-kerja Pembangunan akan dijalankan diatas Lot 37890
2015-4-16 SPRA wrote to DBKL, Jabatan Perancangan Bandar to enquire on the status and plan of the project. No details from DBKL.
Here are from DBKL
- Application in process, under technical.
- Mixed development
- Kadar 5 not applicable
Questions and Problems
- Why change the land use to mixed development? Where is the Sessi Bantahan?
- Who is the owner of this land? Can Datuk Bandar sell public land?
- What is the new project? Commercial shops and High rise residential? Bus Terminal, Market and Hawker Centre?
- We need a big and proper market for 40,000 population. The current market is in open air. Problems are: Not hygienic, No cover when rain and very little parking
- We need a proper hawker centre. Currently, the hawkers are occupying every corner of the street. Most of them are unhygienic and dirty. These hawkers are bringing in rats, right in-front of millions dollar shop lots.
- Bus terminal is needed as government is encouraging public transportation. Seri Petaling is along the fringe of Kuala Lumpur.
- We strongly oppose high density apartment because: Traffic congestion: The upcoming shop lots will increase the traffic. Moreover, Tuesday’s pasar malam worsen the traffic. Parking is the biggest issue: There isn’t enough parking
Requesting help from YB Theresa Kok
- Help to bring this matter into parliament.
- Help to meet Minister of Wilayah Persekutuan
- Help to meet Datuk Bandar
Our past effort
- Against Tongkak Jaya proposal: Successfully stopped because of land usage
- Against Bazaar Ria: Wrote to DBKL on 2007-10-1 (with residents petition). Meeting with Dato’ Yeo Teong Lok and KP.
- 2009-3-5: Memorandum to Datuk Bandar
- 2009-7-28: Datuk Bandar Ahmad Faud visited Seri Petaling.
- 2009 to 2010: KL Draft Plan item 2
- 2012-6-25: Meet Datuk Bandar:
- Land use change to Mixed Development
- Shop & residential would be built
- Why no Sesi Bantahan (Objection Session) before on conversion of land use
- Public land shouldn’t be commericalized
- Shop & apartment would worsen traffic congestion & parking problem
- 2014-6-24 Met Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Mansor at Bangsar. Promised mixed development would include original plan: Pasar, Penjaja and Perhentian bas.